The basic idea of a blog is to pen ideas, views, and information on anything that you are passionate about. So, as the first step, before you sign up for a blog account, have a clear idea on the subject or topic that really interests you. This is crucial as you need to constantly update and interact on the same subject.
Once you decide on the subject, taper it down to a topic so as to make it more specific and unique. This will help you stay focused on the topic and keep your readers undivided attention.
Helpful blogging tips:
1. You could start off with a simple template with an aesthetic mix of text and images. Leave ample white space and be sure to not cram your pages with large images. Ensure that your pages are visually appealing and are not a strain for the readers.
2. Keep your text sharp and simple. Reach out to your audience straight with articles that are focused, useful, and interesting.
3. You could give a few good links to authoritative sites that are associated to your topic. This is a great idea to boost the number of hits to your blog.
4. You could keep your blog neatly categorized by organizing all your posts with tags and labels. These also help you in increasing the number of views to your blog.
5. Keep yourself abreast with newer trends and talk about them in your blog or even in discussion forums. This way you could not only make your blog resourceful, but also invite other forum readers to view your blog.
6. When you start having regular visitors to your blog, you could add features such as RSS feeds, and bookmarking. Allow visitors to forward your posts as this will bring in a lot of relevant hits to your blog.
7. Ensure that you are regular in posting articles to your blog. That is going to help your blog active with the search engines.
8. Another easy way to keep your blog appearing as frequent search results is to feature most of you important articles right on the home page. Search engines visit your main often.
9. Using most searched keywords in your articles is also another way to increase your search results. Though this is a good idea, be sure not to use too much of repetitive keywords and end up as unethical practice.
10. After popularizing your blog and stabilizing your visits, you could use Google Adsense or simply Google advertisements related to your topics, on your pages. Use it sparingly in the initial stages and increase them as you grow.
11. You could add affiliate links and use your blog as a wonderful platform to showcase or market your product or service.
There is a whole lot of stuff you could do with your blog. These are just a few simple yet valuable tips to get you started. So go ahead, explore the world of blogging. You will be amazed what blog can do for your business.
Get the most interesting internet maketing experience by clicking